Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Completed: #8. buy and use a 3D printer

I bought the Monoprice Mini 3D Printer a really long time ago -- maybe a year or more -- but did as I often do with anything new that comes with instructions: got afraid, overwhelmed, and regretful and shoved it in my closet, still in box.

This winter break I have been challenging myself to "just try" a lot of things. This was one. I'm going to be honest and tell you that I almost threw it out the window at least once, but, regardless, today I learned how to: set it up, use the internal computer and mini SD card, feed the filament and troubleshoot, and print the included sample.

Granted, I still have to set up computer programs to change STL shareware files to gcode so that I can print some things I actually want. Also, I eventually want to learn my own designs.

However, today, I dipped in a toe (and it wasn't as cold as I thought).



Original goal list posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment