Thursday, October 11, 2018

Progress: #20. Make 5 recipes with the dehydrator: 1, 2, 3/5

I originally wanted a dehydrator in order to be able to make the most of my almond pulp after making almond milk. I received one as a gift from my sister last Christmas, but then got overwhelmed because it was new and left it in a cupboard until yesterday (#asdprobs).

I started simple: one tray for drying some basil I've been growing in my AeroGarden; one tray for some apple flax almond granola; and a third tray for flax almond crackers, with chopped tomato, garlic, and basil inclusions.

All were a success! I crumbled the basil into a shaker, I ate the granola for a highly rare breakfast with my freshly made almond milk, and I ate the crackers for dinner with hummus.

Next time I'd like to ease on the salt for the crackers, because they end up so flavorful already. I'd also like to add oatmeal to the granola.

Now that I have a basic familiarity with this machine, I want to make some fruit leathers soon!










No comments:

Post a Comment