Saturday, March 12, 2016

Multipurpose Update.

Hello. It has been awhile.

I have been enduring an unfathomable ordeal - but I suppose I should focus on the key word being "enduring". As Sia says, "I'll walk through fire to save my life."

This leaves me oscillating between fits of creativity and fits that, well, cannot be rightfully described as creativity - though they are, perhaps, creative. I don't know. 

(My sense of humour feels like a shallow pool right now. Forgive me.)


It is the March Break and I have been pouring whatever energy in me is not expended on nightmares into making products for my new small business, Treecycle Toronto. Here are some things I have been making, in photo form:









In positive news, the dentist gives my teeth and gums rave reviews. They're not kidding about mouthwash and flossing, friends. My inflammation has gone from 3mm to zilch in nine months. Yes, that's the best news I've received in about two weeks. (There wasn't much competition.)

ANYWAY. I'm here to remind myself that, should I be wanting of things to occupy my head this week, there is never any shortage. I am holding myself to nothing but getting through each day relatively unscathed, but here is a short list of 43things-inspired things I could choose from:
  • make an updated website for my art (my newest art being Treecycle)
  • read/highlight Chapter 3 of Capital and make notes
  • use my Wacom art tablet
  • go for a walk in High Park with Geoff and forage materials for tea
  • read more books
  • study Mi'kmaq language
  • use curlers
  • clean up / organize / revamp art studio
  • try embroidery

If I manage to do any of these - well, ain't that just vegan mushroom gravy.


P.S. Savanna and I are going to both a peyote beading workshop and a drum-making workshop in April, and I (as Treecycle) have some shows in May upcoming.


Endure. This too shall pass.




2 comments:

  1. All the ������������������
    supposed to be a bunch of hearts!!

    ReplyDelete