Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Progress: 18/30, 19/30, 20/30 - #18. read 30 texts that will aid in my teaching







I discovered Richard Wagamese at a time I really needed his writing.

I rediscovered Richard Wagamese through trying to find a poem about a medicine wheel - and, as a result, ordered the anthology Runaway Dreams. I read slowly because I didn't want it to end.

As is often the case, macro level funding is now supporting micro level initiatives that we tried to raise some three or four years ago. Better now than never.

As a result, every high school in my region has ended up with a curated box of multicultural texts, which I was invited to peruse.

I borrowed the non-fiction One Story, One Song, which I finished quickly and easily, rivaling my longstanding love of Keeper'n Me. I would like to use an essay or two with my 4Us next year.

I bought Medicine Walk at a garage sale, which is nothing but harrowing and heartbreaking past page 175 or so. I want to construct an Enhanced-recommended ISU list for 2D, and this would be one of those listed.

I am disheartened that Wagamese is no longer of the living, to write. However, I am glad that he has left such a written legacy and I want to read it all.

                     Original goal list posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment