Saturday, February 16, 2019

Completed: #21. Bake a vegan tourtiere

Now that I've checked off some familial Christmas Eve culinary traditions from Geoff's side, I thought I'd try my hand at my own traditional familial Christmas morning breakfast: Vegan Tourtiere.

I followed my mom's exact recipe for the interior. However, I did not have all the ingredients to follow her pastry recipe, so I went with a variation of the uszka pastry, using the millet flour I had on hand.

At one point, Geoff came upstairs and asked how it was going. I said "I don't want to talk about it". He said okay and went back downstairs. That was probably a good idea.

To quote my dad "It's ugly as sin, but it'll do." I tasted the filling and it's 👌, so I'm sure it will taste fine, regardless of aesthetics. If not: Well, that's what Ketchup is for.

(In better news, I got to break out the new little red pot and deep skillet. You know you're #adulting when your Christmas list is all about kitchenware and socks.)












No comments:

Post a Comment