Sunday, June 9, 2019

Progress: #32: Meditate for 15 minutes daily for 1 week straight

1/7: Real talk: 15 minutes is an extraordinarily long time for me to be still if I'm awake, so this will be challenging. My mind never slows down until maybe sleeping (if even then), and I generally just really need to feel purposeful.

Post-yoga-tired, I started with the first search of "15 minute guided meditation" I found. Here it is:



Any parts that were tangible made sense to me: Picturing the positive energy embrace of a loved one, or being wrapped in a soft blanket. Being filled with the energy of the earth. (For the latter, I pictured being filled with the birdsong just outside my window - the baby sparrows are now learning to fly while both parents stand by.)

When it starts talking about colours, though, I tap out. I am not filled with colours. My emotions are not colours. I do not understand. That's me, though.

I don't think, in my life, I've actually ever felt more filled with the energy of the earth than this spring. I am its genuine caretaker these days, foraging and noticing and appreciating and sharing.

Maybe someday, more of us will do it the best we can, even if we are inherently destroyers. We can do better. Weeds are not poison -- and should not be poisoned. Capitalism does not determine worth. Nature is free for viewing. Go outside.






No comments:

Post a Comment