Saturday, February 26, 2022

Progress: #6. Learn more about coffee

I am using the opportunity of this goal to sample some expensive specialty coffee I've been wanting to try. 

First, I ordered these coffees from Mokha Bunn, as I think Yemeni beans fit my preferred flavour profile. Also, this site is AWESOME, with lots of great historical information about coffee in Yemen and such devices as a coffee selector based on your preferences and method of brew. 




This place is fairly local to me (it's in Kitchener and I'm in Toronto), so the shipping only took a day from time of order, which is amazing. I was also impressed with the insert of a coffee taste chart based on such factors as temperature, grind, ratio, and extraction. This is something I want to learn more about (though I'm not sure all factors are relevant to the Ibrik -- are they?). They also do a buy 5 orders, get the next 25% off, and I like incentives like this (especially when this specialty coffee worked out to $29 for 250g). 

This morning, I tried their Mokha Blend, medium roast. It definitely wasn't as sweet as I hoped, but - as their site says - it's a really dense coffee that may require a lower brewing temp and very fine grind. I always do the latter, but I'll try to pour before it completely boils next time. I'm looking forward to trying the other two packs of beans.

Original goal list posted here




No comments:

Post a Comment