Monday, February 28, 2022

Progress: #6. Learn more about coffee

Some more I've learned about Gesha: A pound at auction from Panama went for $1300 in 2020. Though coffee tastes are definitely individual, Gesha consistently ranks at the top of blind taste tests.

I found this limited edition Gesha coffee from Costa Rica from Detour Coffee, which - with an initial buyer discount of $10 -  cost me $36 for 300g, which I thought quite reasonable.

Detour Coffee is located in Dundas, Ontario, and I remember really liking beans of theirs that I sampled in a Roaster's Pack subscription (which was a - highly recommended - birthday gift from my sister).

Their motto is that coffee is an adventure and, the more you know, the more you want to know.

Though the Black Sheep Gesha was still my favourite of the two, this roast had all the scents and flavours I've been missing, and I'll definitely be consuming this one until it's gone.

(This was especially welcome after a rough night of toddler teething.)








No comments:

Post a Comment