Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Progress: 25/30 - #18. read 30 texts that will aid in my teaching


Like The Lowland, I bought this novel when I landed in Delhi from Dharamsala and had to wait 10 hours for my next flight. However, shortly after, I discovered the miniature and inexpensive sleeping / showering rooms and used up my time napping instead. This book has sat on my shelf for almost precisely two years since -- until my next international trip. It still served its purpose to make travel tolerable -- just on several plane rides into the future.

This novel is beautiful, informative, tender, harrowing, heartbreaking. As I've mentioned previously, I want to construct an Enhanced-recommended ISU list for 2D this upcoming school year, and this would be one of those listed.

I also want to read The Kite Runner.


(I am also grateful that this has been a summer of travel, rest, love, and reading. Oh, my life.)

                     Original goal list posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment