Sunday, August 20, 2017

Progress: #2. join a choir

My Pop! Choir

My Pop Choir's Fall 2017 Term- LP

Mondays, September 11th to November 13th.
NOTE: Thanksgiving Day, Monday, October 9th session being replaced by a session Wednesday October 11th!

Time: 7:15 - 8:45 pm.

LP Location: Eglinton St. George's United Church, 35 Lytton Blvd


"Do I have to audition for My Pop Choir™?

Goodness no. My Pop Choir™ welcomes everyone who loves to sing. This is about a safe, comfortable experience. Skill levels and experience ranges from member to member but you’d never know it because when we all sing together – we have one voice.

I’m really nervous…will I have to sing alone?

No one has to sing alone at any time during the Sessions. Even finding your vocal range is done with the choir as a group – at no time, do you sing alone. We know that it may take some courage to come out and join in this wonderful experience but you’ll soon find your fears were unfounded – one of the reasons My Pop Choir™ was created, was to create a safe environment in which we could leave stress & worry behind.

Do I need to know how to read music?

Absolutely not. We use music sheets but they're simple and many members use them simply to follow when their voice group goes up or down; and for the lyrics, of course.  We learn by listening to the choir master play and sing the notes, and by repetition.

Do I need singing experience?

We often hear “I love to sing, but I’m not a singer”.  Members would all say the same thing. Some members have had choir experience but most have not. The only obvious prerequisite is that you enjoy singing."

Sounds like my kind of choir, so I signed up!


[Original goal list posted here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment