Sunday, December 9, 2018

Progress # 5. Go greener

I had myself an eco little weekend.

I had planned to go grocery shopping, but thought better of it, and made meals of all my ingredients instead:

1. I made my favourite chickpea salad of Fresh City Farm celery, peppers, canned chickpeas, black pepper, and mustard, baby garlic dills, onions, my own dried dill, and my own aquafaba (bean water from the canned chickpeas) vegan mayo!




2. I made my famous party salsa, using cherry tomatoes (and basil!) grown in my Aerogarden, plus lots of other Fresh City Farm ingredients.




3. I roasted a mason jar of Peru-origin coffee beans. I went for medium, so I hope they don't turn out too sour. It has been awhile.


4. I made five Magic Bullet cups of soy milk, so I can aim to have a Vega shake every day this week. As my mom pointed out, I've been lacking.


5. I mixed the leftover soybean paste with oatmeal, chickpea flour, fair trade sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut shreds to make dehydrator cookies. I also did a row of basil leaves to dry and put in my shaker.


6. I pre-selected two Bunz subway trade dates for the winter break and posted everything I haven't since the summer. I already have a trade arranged -- a shirt I don't love for a new bag of fair trade medium roast coffee beans I surely will. I always forget how much I love my Bunz life.

7. I'm still left with food ingredients enough to make a gluten-free vegan lemon loaf or dehydrator crackers and hummus, if my department ends up planning a Christmas potluck.


Original goal list posted here

No comments:

Post a Comment