Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Progress: #22. Try at least three "life hacks"

 I bought these three books online at Book Outlet, at even greater than their usual discounted price, because they were having a sale. I know this same "hack" information would be easy to find online, but I still really prefer the tangibility of books (and pen to paper). 


I read these, and took copious notes!




Hacks already accomplished in the past month:

Hack 1/3: Preventing imminent coughs and sneezes -- As someone who sometimes holds a sleeping baby and often has an unappeasable throat tickle, these are invaluable already: 1. To stop a tickle in your throat, massage your ear lobe. Apparently, it stimulates nerves that trigger a spasm that "scratches" your throat. 2. I'm not sure why this works, but if you're about to sneeze, place your tongue on the roof of your mouth. The urge will disappear.

Hack 2/3: If you burn something difficult while cooking (i.e. sugar), boil white vinegar in the pot for 15 minutes and it will uncrust itself, ready to be easily scrubbed clean. The clean pot will also be shinier than it was before you even burned anything at all!

Progress for #3: I bought some shoe organizers to hang and store my daughter's toys, which are beginning to take over the living room couch.






No comments:

Post a Comment