Sunday, September 12, 2021

Progress: #10. Do something active for 3 months straight

 It looks like rain all day today, so I decided to give yoga a try. I used to do yoga with my daughter when she was an infant, but have only tried once since she became mobile, which was about two months ago. She doesn't yet walk, but she's an aggressive crawler. I thought this might be a nightmare, but I was wrong. She stayed on or near the mat almost the whole time -- I only had to get up twice to move her somewhere safer. She repeated yoga after me as "yo" twice, copied some of the moves (especially ones with arm lifts), and patted the mat for my husband to join us once he got up for the day. It warmed my heart. I was going to do one 25 minute video, but it went so well that I did two. 

(Also, things I've noticed since taking longer-for-me walks: 25 minutes of yoga no longer feels like a long time; in one week my resting heart rate has gone down 7 BPM, from 63 to 56; in two nights, I've gotten a record amount of deep sleep, regardless of how well my daughter has slept.)

Here are the two videos I used:








No comments:

Post a Comment