Thursday, September 9, 2021

Progress #32. Listen to five new albums

 3/5: Julien Baker - Little Oblivions

Release date: February 26, 2021.


2015's debut album Sprained Ankle is one of my favourite albums of all time. Little Oblivions is beautiful, like everything she ever does, but I miss the sparsity of her original sound. I also have a lot of trouble listening to anything sad lately, and this is somehow more lyrically raw and devastating than I thought possible. I can't really explain it -- it's like motherhood magnified all my feelings to the degree that all sadness, out of self-preservation, is replaced only by love and anxiety. I can't lean into sadness like I used to. It leaves me crying for longer than I have time, so I don't. Regardless, my favourite track is "Favor".


Original goal list posted here



No comments:

Post a Comment