Monday, September 27, 2021

Progress: #10. Do something active for 3 months straight

 Today I harvested for two hours in our backyard gardens.



Carrots are definitely easiest to harvest after a night a rain (but also messiest -- sorry, fingernails!). This is our most bountiful harvest yet. I'll pickle the small ones, but am open to suggestions for what to do with the rest.



Sweetgrass. This is a first year growth from a transplant from my mom, which was a transplant from my little sister. I'm happy with how it worked out.


I braided two braids with the yield. My little sister is the best sweetgrass braider I know, so she tried to teach me some of her tricks.


Some of the year's many tomatoes. I intend to make some homemade ketchup with the bunch.


Ground cherries, which we pick almost daily for my daughter (provided they are ripe). She loves them way more than any other 1 year old, guaranteed.


Fresh basil, which I will dehydrate in my Excalibur and then hand grind. It should last me the year.


Original goal list posted here


No comments:

Post a Comment