Monday, March 11, 2019

Progress: #19. Get married




I have a newfound appreciation for how much work this becomes. Fortunately, I am a crafter, so it is definitely mostly a labour of love, but the logistical details over which I have no control get frustrating.

For instance, today I am revising all the seating because we realized we have too many people for our first choice round tables unless some people sit entirely by themselves at tables, so back to the drawing board, before I can even think about making table number pieces or a seating chart for display.

This is also particularly difficult when some people haven't bothered to (a) RSVP, or (b) answer my direct inquiries of whether or not they are coming. I'm going to just go ahead and assume that's a no, but, for reference: This really messes with people's plans. Don't do this.

I'm also making the (presumed) rest of the place cards and wedding favours today. I'm so glad it is the March Break because between this, a flu, marking, report cards, and preparing for a symposium at which I'm presenting 3 days after my wedding (which has involved seeking parental permission to interview students, interviewing students, and reading multiple books on inclusive education and autism -- and that's not even to mention the PowerPoint and how things will even be organized), I'm so pressed for time. It's all good, though, mostly. My life is moving in a direction I want and I am making that happen.

This week we also have to meet with our officiant and our venue to give final numbers / seating / payment / plans. Geoff will also be going to pick up our wedding license.

We can do this.

We can do this.



Original goal list posted here

No comments:

Post a Comment