Friday, March 22, 2019

Progress #5. Go greener

I made my own (plastic free!) coconut yoghurt. It is the best I have ever had. I topped it with almonds and oats and Geoff offered some of his frozen strawberries. I got some maple syrup out of the fridge for sweetener, but then didn't need it. It was too delicious without.



The greatest part is that this couldn't be more simple: One can of coconut milk (make sure it is one with a much higher percentage of coconut than water) + 2 vegan probiotic capsules. That's it.

I used these ones, purchased via well.ca (which come in a great glass bottle that I can't wait to reuse):


This recipe comes via Minimalist Baker.

Empty the coconut milk into a clean glass container. Open two capsules of probiotics and pour powder over the coconut milk. Stir. Cover with cheesecloth. Leave on a counter for 24-48 hours (I did about 40). Take off cheesecloth. Refrigerate. Enjoy, in whatever way you do.




The best parts are that (a) I have 28 capsules left to do this 14 more times, and (b) I didn't need to buy any fancy yoghurt maker to make this happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment