Sunday, March 17, 2019

Progress: #27. Do Yoga for 30 days straight

2/30

When I did my five days before, Cole Chance was probably my favourite yogi. I think I'm about more of the physiology and less of the metaphysical. We'll see. 




This one was a bit more challenging than the last, owing to the fact that I'm generally great with balance and generally awful with flexibility. I've never, in my whole life, ever, much been able to touch past my knees (toes, what?)

I do think this is going to help my muscles and my general mid-30s stiffness.

I get sort of obsessive about goals once I start, so I'll probably get really into this and then wonder why I spent so long not listening to people about all the many benefits of yoga.

Continuing with it once I'm back to work tomorrow could be an ordeal, or it could be the best thing ever. It shouldn't take much to set aside 10-30 minutes in the morning or after work and perhaps it will help to centre my thoughts a bit.

Waking and showering on work days the past month or more has been really, really difficult.

This 30 days is going to take things past my wedding, so I hope y'all are ready for a yoga session at my house that morning! (Nah, I'll probably do it before the makeup artist arrives.)

Also this is totally weird and definitely an ASD thing, but I have problems with smooth textures interrupted by, like, fluff or random pieces of hard dirt. It's why I wear socks (and sometimes 2-3 thick pairs) literally everywhere but the shower. I learned part of my avoidance of yoga was having my hands touch the mat or floor, for the same reasons -- so today I wore gloves. No issues.




No comments:

Post a Comment