Sunday, March 24, 2019

Progress: #27. Do Yoga for 30 days straight

9/30

It is strange to me that, as I age, eight or nine days go by so quickly. I don't know if it is just that it has been quite a few days now, or that I've been challenging myself to do 30+ minute videos since Thursday, but I'm tired today: Full body tired. I think I will nap now.




That being said, I am factually noticing a few things: (a) my own posture throughout the day and challenging myself to correct it, especially when sitting; (b) I move a lot more fluidly now when I'm doing things like waking up, or changing positions to go to sleep; (c) I don't mention this much, but I had a fairly significant neck injury at the age of nine, and it is a part of my anatomy that constantly plagues me (and I'd consider the times it gets bad to be on par pain with something like a migraine or an earache). It is always stiff, likely aggravated by how much time I have spent gazing at a phone screen to accomplish many tasks (as, really, it has taken 90% of computer usage space), but it has noticeably been less stiff; (d) I've been spending a lot less time on the internet these days, 1. scouring news articles and trying to put together the pieces as if I am the one who will fix this broken world, and 2. gazing at others' lives and wishing they were mine. I don't really know how this relates to yoga, except to say it fills a time slot that would otherwise definitely be spent doing these things: upon waking and/or in the evening before I crash to sleep.

Anyway. I don't doubt that I will now accomplish this goal because I'm too far in to give it up. However, I am considering what I will do once I am finished, because I have trouble keeping up with things if I leave myself no accountability. I brush my hands of it and move on.

It's getting warmer out. Maybe I will crack out the rollerblades after 30 days, as that's one of maybe three or four physical activities I've ever enjoyed.



Original goal list posted here

No comments:

Post a Comment