Friday, March 22, 2019

Progress #27. Do yoga for 30 days straight

7/30: 

Today went like this: Slight sleep-in. Wake up. Delicious home-roasted Ethiopian Yirgacheffe morning coffee. Get ready. 35 min drive. Appointment = 1 hour of crying (which oddly I haven't done much of this semester at all, truth be told) because I get frustrated trying to articulate things (a) for the first time, (b) for which I have no definitive plan for, or desire to, resolve. Sometimes I think I should just keep silent, but, as she says: "How has that been working out for you?" So it goes. 20 min (post rush hour) drive. Hug Geoff and try to rearticulate, briefly. Go upstairs. Nap for four hours. Wake to a message that my dad is bringing over part of our wedding gift and some food. Eat for the first time today while I wait: Some orange juice + delicious coconut yoghurt that I made myself (see previous post). Brief visit with my dad, whom I love dearly for many reasons up to and including that he is such a tornado of energy, knowledge, stories, and love. Eat kale and artichoke salad. Drink lots of water. Do this cozy yoga video, because I have already been wearing a giant hoodie all day:



It was good. I can stand to do the longer ones on evenings/weekends, owing to time -- however, by the evening, I'm definitely not up to much core / cardio / workout. "Cozy" sounded nice, even if it was almost 40 mins.

Also: I can't do a lot of things well (yet), but I can do tree:







No comments:

Post a Comment